Solution enhances in-store experience and staff productivity to meet the needs of fast-paced retail environment, while reducing total cost of ownership
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – Oct. 12, 2017- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in mobile computers, scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility solutions, today announced that My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group has successfully deployed Zebra’s TC70 mobile touch computers to upgrade its stock management system of its My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse retail chains.
With over 14,000 employees and more than 400 retail outlets throughout Australia, My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group is the largest retail pharmacy on the continent and operates two household brands: My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse.
By implementing Zebra’s mobile computing solution across its network of stores, the Australian healthcare retailer can improve the overall store operations experience, increase day-to-day efficiencies and boosts worker productivity.
- The TC70 touch computer is a professional-grade device built from the ground up for the enterprise with rugged construction, reliable barcode scanning capabilities and robust connectivity.
- Both My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse have deployed over 1,600 Zebra TC70s across its network of retail outlets across the country.
- The TC70 is designed with a smartphone form factor and is powered by Google’s Android operating system (OS). The familiar interface is user-friendly, which allows store associates to use the devices effectively for their tasks – with little training or hassle.
- Zebra’s Android-powered devices are loaded with Mobility DNA – a comprehensive suite of innovative applications, effortless application development tools and robust administration utilities.
- The choice of Android OS allows the retailer to futureproof its fleet of mobile devices, leading to lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- The built-in scanner is capable of handling 1D and 2D barcodes, making it ideal for environments where multiple, different types of barcodes are regularly encountered. It is also designed to be able to capture damaged or faded barcodes, giving it the edge over purely laser-based scanners. The rear camera also allows store associates to capture images when necessary.
Mark Finocchiaro, Managing Partner and IT Director, My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group
“With the Zebra TC70, we have an exceptionally powerful and easy-to-use device in the hands of our staff around the country. It has radically improved staff efficiency, allowing our teams to complete tasks on the floor at a much faster rate. We were impressed by the smartphone-style functionality and liked the idea of using an Android-based program to power them, which we felt would provide better futureproofing and minimise future outlay. Most importantly, is that we have 14,000 happier staff now – and that speaks volumes to how effective Zebra’s solution has been.”
Tom Christodoulou, Regional Director, Australia / New Zealand, Zebra Technologies Asia Pacific
“Zebra has provided visibility solutions to My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group for many years now. We are excited that the company has adopted the Zebra’s TC70 mobile touch computers to drive in-store efficiency and staff productivity to gain a competitive edge in providing better customer service. The choice of Android devices also means that My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group can reap the benefits of Zebra’s Mobility DNA suite, and futureproof its fleet of devices to lower its total cost of ownership (TCO).”
forrás: zebra.com 2017.10.12